Workshop: Speed Read Your Way to Success
Mounting work pressures, too little time, keeping your knowledge base up-to-date, checking out the competition: we all have to find a way of dealing with today’s tidal wave of information.
One highly effective solution is speed reading - a technique that’s not just about reading fast, but about making your whole reading process more efficient.
Is it for me?
This course is a must-have for anyone who wants to be able to deal with vast amounts of information quickly. You need this training if you sometimes:
- Feel overwhelmed by the amount of reading you have to do
- Find it hard to pick out the important points in your reading
- Have difficulty in concentrating when you read
- Worry that you may miss some crucial information when you read.
If you practise the skills of reading faster with good comprehension, you will harness the huge reserve capacity of your mind – and you will be surprised at what you can achieve.
During this course you will learn:
- How to browse quickly and effectively
- Three techniques for gaining a brief overview of what you are reading
- Six skills which will improve your reading speed
- Exercises to help you read faster and understand more of what you’ve read
- Exercises for improving your eyesight and avoiding eyestrain
- Techniques for helping you to remember what you read
- How to select an appropriate reading approach
- A process for studying more effectively.
Word Smiths training events are highly interactive events. This means our workshops work best with a group of between 10 and 15 participants – although we can of course deliver the same content in a lecture hall or as one-to-one session.