Good Grammar for Business Writers
Stop worrying about those embarrassing grammar mistakes that undermine your credibility and effectiveness. Good Grammar for Business Writers will give you complete confidence in your correct use of the English language.
Grammar is like riding a bike – you may not forget how to write, but you can’t really remember how you learned basic grammar rules. Or you may never have been taught them in the first place. This interesting and informative day is ideal for anyone who wants to refresh their technical skills and make the right impact with any type of business document. Led by professional writer and editor Jane Smith, the workshop will help participants to write clearly and concisely, without making errors that give a poor impression and annoy readers.
This workshop includes refreshers on basic rules, and ways to ensure your writing is correct and reader-friendly without being stilted.
Is it for you?
This workshop is for you if:
- You want to make sure that the documents you write are clear and grammatically correct
- You want to boost your writing confidence
- You want to ensure your language is professional and reader-friendly
- You struggle to remember the rules of grammar you were taught at school.
During this course you will learn:
- Why your teachers may have given you the wrong ideas about writing
- How to identify and avoid common grammar errors
- The new rules of ‘open’ punctuation
- Guidelines for making an impact by choosing the correct words
- How to construct effective sentences and paragraphs.